Heavier Than Air Brewing, Co. is seeking an experienced Bartender/Server to join our team in our taproom located in Centerville, OH. This is a hourly part-time, non-exempt position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare drinks, serve draft beer, bottled beer, wine and liquor according to procedure/ recipe and Heavier Than Air Brewing, Co. specifications.
- Act as primary resource in communicating with Guests of the taproom/brewpub while promoting specials and suggestions in consultative manner.
- Serve food in accordance with state food handling regulations.
- Check Guests’ identification and serve alcoholic drinks adhering to state and local regulations.
- Maintain neat, clean and organized bar area according to tap-room specifications; lift and empty bus tubs, prep and stock bar, clean glassware, morning and after hours cleaning, mopping, and removal of bar floor mats.
- Assist in conducting off-site events such as beer festivals, private events, etc.
- Perform correct money transactions and make correct change utilizing Point-of-Sale system.
- Reconcile daily bar inventories with bar cash-received totals.
- Other side duties assigned by management/ownership (e.g., take out linen, restock, check restrooms, refill ice, assist other HTAB, Co.Team Members, etc.)
- Consistent walking and standing.
- Reach, bend, stoop, and lift.
- Operate Point-of-Sale system and making correct change
- Carry service tray weighing up to 40 pounds from kitchen or bar to dining room or drinking area up to and often exceeding 5 times per shift.
- Lift and move 40-pound cases about 10 times per shift and carry 50 yards.
- Team lift and move kegs up to 100-pounds.
- Navigating steps when applicable to the location.
Key Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to operate with little to no supervision in daily tasks while maintaining productivity.
- Knowledge of local and national beer industry and products with a focus on craft brewing.
- Possesses a strong Customer First mentality.
- Understanding of proper Point of Sale system usage in a bar.
- Possesses a firm understanding for state/federal serving requirements and act within their bounds.
- Ability and willingness to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability and willingness to lift up to 40 lbs. as need-be.
- Maintain an upbeat and professional image, maintains positive attitude with self, guests, and team.
- Operate entertainment system in taproom per request of Customers or direction of Management.
- Willingness to work at least 4 days a week in taproom setting.
Education & Experience:
- High School Degree Required.
- 2 years of Bartending/Serving experience required.
- Brewing/Craft Beer knowledge/experience (serving required, brewing preferred).
- Must be 21 years old to pour alcohol or as state regulations dictate.
- Ohio Level 1 Food Protection certification.
Heavier Than Air Brewing, Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Protected Veterans
To apply to this job, please submit your résumé via email to Ben T. at firstname.lastname@example.org
2017 Heavier Than Air Brewing Co, all rights reserved